ITU Telecom World is an annual ICT event organized by ITU Telecom, part of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the UN Agency responsible for ICT-related issues. ITU Telecom World brings the smartest ideas and entrepreneurial spirit of digital start-ups and ICT SMEs together with governments, regulators, industry leaders, consultants and experts from emerging and developed markets around the world. This unique audience has the influence and intelligence to power faster social and economic development, create collaborative opportunity and stimulate industry growth. It works towards establishing the trust and confidence needed to speed our progress towards a better-connected world and a better life for all.
For more information click on the conference link: http://telecomworld.itu.int/2015-highlights/
Figure 1: ITU Conference Website
The following table provides an overview of the Conference agenda for the four (-4-) days of the ITU Conference.
Table 1: ITU Conference Programme
IIP attended the conference and, more specifically, Luca Bolognini presented the aims and the scope of Privacy Flag around the data privacy and data protection. Dr. Luca Bolognini was one of the main speakers of the Conference, which is noticed from the following figure.
Figure 2: ITU Conference Speakers
PRIVACY FLAG is at the moment one of the six EU projects on privacy innovation. The others are listed below:
• VisiOn – Visual Privacy Management in User Centric Open Environments
• Operando – Online privacy enforcement, rights assurance & optimization
• Panoramix – Privacy and Accountability in Networks via Optimized Randomized Mix-nets
• Types – Towards transparencY and Privacy in the onlinE advertising business
• SafeCloud – Secure and Resilient Cloud Architecture, www.safecloud-project.eu
PRIVACY FLAG also shares common interests with EU Projects in areas such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Cities. These are:
• Organicity EU project – Co-creating smart cities of the future
• U4IoT – User Engagement for Large Scale Pilots in the Internet of Things. (Project started in 01/01/2017)
• ANASTACIA – Advanced Networked Agents for Security and Trust Assessment in CPS/IOT Architectures (Project started in 01/01/2017)
• CREATE-IoT – Cross Fertilisation Through Alignment, Synchronisation and Exchanges For IoT (Project started in 01/01/2017)
• WeLive – A neW concept of public administration based on citizen co-created mobile urban services
PRIVACY FLAG goal is to amplify the European privacy innovation community and promote the community’s position in an international context.