The Privacy Flag web browser add-on is a tool that allows users to obtain information about potential privacy risks when browsing on the Internet. The add-on informs users whether a web site is considered safe -or not- based on an analysis conducted by the Privacy Flag backend system. The analysis includes input gathered by technical enablers and exploits the power of crowdsourcing data from end-users using the UPRAAM methodology. The Privacy Flag web browser add-on is one of the main points of interaction between end-users and the Privacy Flag project.
Here is information about how to install the addon:
- Download and unzip the add-on file.
- In Chrome, open the extension menu.
- From the menu select the developer mode (top right button).
- Select Load unpacked extensions.
- From the menu select Windows or Mac folder from the previous unzipped folder depending of your system.
After you have installed the addon, please test how it works and provide feedback by answering the following questionnaire: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VJGMFSR
If you have heard about this tool at an event and would like to provide us with feedback, please answer the following questionnaire: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VJTR3BM
List of assessed websites
|Website||SSL certificate||Certificate valid||No user fingerprinting|